background

Friday, December 15, 2017

The Frugal Friday File 2017, week 50...


Successes:
1.  I worked two days this week at my 'home' branch.  I recently received a bonus, and this week was notified that I would be receiving a cost of living and a merit increase in my pay.  Thank you!

2.  I was able to figure out how to uninstall just the part of the stupid Windows 10 update that made my email fail this week.  No expensive expert required.

3.  I remembered to take my finished library book to work with me, so I could return it at lunch break.  Library is near the branch I was in today, so I saved an extra trip.

4.  I used  the sleeves from a large sweatshirt purchased at Goodwill to make two sweatshirts for Rudy.  I used this tutorial which was most helpful.  I used a sweatshirt (rather than a sweater as the tutorial shows), because I wanted it to hold up to repeated laundering since he will be wearing it outside a lot.  I cut the sleeves off at the shoulders, curved the belly side to allow for potty access, and cut holes for his front legs.  The hardest part was measuring Rudy's length and shoulders to know where to put the holes...such a wiggle worm...and he wanted to play with the tape measure!  I cut the back just a tad long, so I would have room to turn the edges under, but it was pretty cool today and he had to be out all afternoon while I was at work, so I put it on him un-hemmed.  
Rudy in his sweatshirt.  He has his regular vest on over it since his tags are attached to it, and I didn't want him outside this afternoon without his tags on.

5.  The sweatshirt body I had left over actually looked good with the sleeves removed.  It has a half zipper from the neck to the middle front.  I asked Carey if he could use it at the hunting lease as a vest layer, and he agreed it would be perfect.  Since it is larger than he would normally wear, he can wear it over his other layers.  No waste, and both my 'boys' are dressed warmly.  :)

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey's
Monday:  *pizza
Tuesday:  Dublin Coddle with Kale
Wednesday:  leftovers
Thursday:  Thai Red Curry and rice, naan
Friday:  omelette 

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

4 comments:

  1. Your sweatshirt reinvention was very clever and your dog looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vest on Rudy—now I want to see Carey in his vest at The Lease!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails