background

Friday, December 29, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 52...


Successes:
1.  I have tentatively accepted three weeks of work next April.  Though each year I swear that I will never work another April (the end of tax season), and even blocked out the middle of March through the middle of April 2018 as being 'unavailable to work' on my official schedule, when it came down to it, I couldn't say no when someone called and asked if I could fill in while she undergoes and recovers from surgery.  But, hey, three weeks will put me over my annual minimum requirement for hours as well as make a nice couple of paydays.

2.  Before clicking on the 'buy' button for a Kindle book that sounded interesting and was priced at just $1.99, I checked the library catalog on their website, and finding they had it available, I clicked their 'reserve' button instead.  Because $1.99 saved is $1.99 earned, right?  I'll pick it up while I am on my way to an appointment this afternoon, thereby not making a special trip.  And since I will be in the vicinity, I will also make a deposit at the bank right next door to the library, thereby not making yet another trip later.  

3.  Once the calm of Christmas evening settled in, I decided to go ahead and reconfigure my homemade calendar from this past year to make it work for 2018.  I was just going to do the formatting and wait to print and assemble it, but it went really quickly, so I got it printed, punched the holes, and I am thrilled that it is already hanging and has upcoming obligations properly notated.  It's not fancy, but it's perfect for my needs.  Cost:  pennies.

4.  We paid our property taxes before the end of the year, thereby avoiding any penalty or interest.

5.  No one felt deprived by our Chicken & Dumpling Christmas dinner rather than more expensive fare.  We are a tribe of simple tastes.  It made me happy to have that be their request, it made me happy to be able to prepare it for them all, and it made me very happy that we were all together to share it.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  Chicken Fajita Pasta 
Sunday:  Sunday supper at Kasey's
Monday:  Chicken & Dumplings Christmas dinner
Tuesday:  homemade hamburgers
Wednesday:  Tortilla Soup
Thursday:  leftovers
Friday:  ?

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

1 comment:

  1. You're so organized, the older I get the more scattered I get.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails