background

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

What I'm reading Wednesday...

I finished The Practice House by Laura McNeal while we were gone.  We didn't finish the audio version of 11/22/63 by Stephen King (barely got it started, truthfully), so it remains to be read...someday.


A Column of Fire by Ken Follett

In the wee hours of this morning I finished A Column of Fire by Ken Follett.  It fulfills 'a book that's more than 800 pages' category of the 2017 reading challenge. Great story, loved the history, but tons of characters to keep up with.  Liked it better than the second in trilogy, but not as much as the first.

Next up...
Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman

This one will fulfill 'a book you bought on a trip' category of the 2017 reading challenge.  I picked this one up at a thrift store in Ohio on our recent vacation.  It's described as a retelling of Wuthering Heights.  I  just noticed that it was an Oprah's Book Club selection.  Sigh.  I've sworn off of those as they mostly seem too dark or just too cerebral for me, but since it's the only one I bought, and since I've loved others of Alice Hoffman's work, I'll give it a shot.

1 comment:

  1. A Column of Fire is on my reading list. I cheated and watched the first two on TV but I'm determined to read the third book before they make it into a TV series!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails