background

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

What I'm reading Wednesday...


I have snuck in a few books this week.  For the 2017 reading challenge category of 'a book you loved as a child' I chose:
Dolly Madison: Quaker Girl by Helen  A. Monsell

This is a set of books called Childhood of Famous Americans that were on our bookshelves when I was growing up.  I could have picked any one of the set for this category, as I probably read each of them half a dozen times or more, but I chose Dolly Madison: Quaker Girl by Helen A. Monsell.  Pamela at The Lady of the House Speaking posted recently about visiting James Madison's Montpelier, and it made me think of this book, and reminded me how much I loved the whole series when I was little.

Then I was notified that my turn had come up for the library's ebook that I had had on reserve for quite awhile:
Faithful by Alice Hoffman

It doesn't fit any of the last remaining challenge categories, but that's okay, it was worth the reading...although until about a quarter of the way through I wasn't so sure.



And then, yet again, I was notified of another reserve at the library being ready for me.  This time a hard copy of:
The Child by Fiona Barton

I had put a reserve on the library's hard copy and ebook of The Child, figuring that I would take whichever came available first and cancel the other.  It's very tempting to just sit and read, but I have a TON on my to-do list right now, so I'm reading what I can, and then will return the hard copy and wait till I get the ebook to finish it.  It doesn't fit anywhere on the challenge list either, so it's an 'over and above' book for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails