background

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What I'm reading Wednesday...


This week I'm reading The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. 

Peggy left a comment on last week's WIRW post which recommended this book.  Thanks so much, Peggy, for the tip.  It's set in 70 CE in Judaea...the Romans were attacking and destroying towns, sending those who survived searching for refuge.  This is the story of the rebels and those who found there way to the Masada.

I'm also still on track with my reading of The One Year Bible, and right now there is lots of warfare going on in ancient Israel in those daily readings as well.  I am continually amazed by the brutality that mankind can survive.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you like it, I especially liked Revka, maybe because she was the older one. Happy Wednesday morning.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails