background

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Seven random thoughts on the 7th...



1. Current packing zone: game cupboard and toy closet.

2. Finally! Last Friday we closed on the sale of our current home, and yesterday we closed on the purchase of the new one. Yea! We'll start moving about Monday.

3. I yearn for the moving process to be over and for a whole day to spend with my nose buried in a great whodunnit.

4. Someone told me today that I set myself up for stress by talking about it. Funny. I bit my tongue, but I really wanted to say that if more people (her) felt a little stress once in a while, then less of us (me) would have to feel a lot of stress! I'm a detail person. So sue me.

5. I love tea cups and coffee cups, but we don't drink hot beverages much...when we do it's usually out of a mug or travel mug. When I open my cupboards and see all the cups (that go with three separate sets of dishes) sitting unused, it makes me feel kind of bad. Well this week I read a great idea to use them in a new way, and I am definitely going to use it in the new house. In a bedroom or bathroom drawer, place tea and/or coffee cups, and use them to store individual pieces of jewelry...necklaces, earrings, watches, etc. By using them for jewelry storage: 1) it organizes my jewelry making things easier to find; 2) it frees up kitchen cupboard space; 3) I get to see the cups daily and enjoy their new use, and; 4) they are still available to use any time I might need to return them to service in the role they were originally intended for. Win, win, win, win!

6. Diet downfall of the week: bagels.

7. As I am packing and trying to whittle down our possessions for the move, I am thinking about this post and laughing at myself a little bit. The old saying, "Be careful what you wish for," springs to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails