background

Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th...



Happy Independence Day to all of my fellow U.S. friends. Thoughts and prayers are with all those, past and present, who have sacrificed to keep us safe and free.

We made a quick trip to my mother-in-law's over the past couple of days. I had hoped to bring home enough figs from her tree to preserve, but we came home with very few. Good visit nonetheless. Uneventful car trip, with Carey at the wheel and me with my library book. Almost immediately after our arrival, the skies opened up. There was lots of flooding in the area, but we were dry and happy. And I curled up with my knitting while we visited.

Another safe trip back, and it's lovely to be home again in my own comfy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails