1. I wish I had put the lens through the fence before I took this photo.
2. My bookcases need to be thoroughly gone through and the contents whittled down. I can hardly stand to think of getting rid of books. I did see a fun idea for a book exchange somewhere that I want to try though. It's along the lines of a cookie exchange, only you invite friends to bring their already-read books to a get together. Put all the books out on tables, and let everybody browse. They get to take home as many books as they bring if they choose. Hostess provides snacks and drinks...and maybe decorated sacks to take their books home in...and bookmarks? Doesn't that sound like fun? Hmmm...I think it IS time to go through the bookcases.
3. Seven things I want to accomplish this month...frame the pastel drawing Bobby gave me yesterday...get some great beach photos taken...refresh the house by trading out some tired decorations with some that have been packed away for awhile...change all the linens from cool to warm weather ones...finish the book I'm been slowly working through...blog more frequently...and do some form of exercise four times a week.
4. The DVR has spoiled me. I love how easy it is to record a program and even a whole series! And I love being able to rewind a live broadcast to catch a missed word. Now I find myself in the car listening to a program on NPR and reaching up to push a button to rewind and re-listen...only to realize that I don't have DVR on the car radio. But within the last week or so I've been seeing commercials for a car that DOES have the same kind of thing for its radio. Of course I'm not going to buy a car for a gadget, I'm not even going to buy a gadget to add to the car I have, but it's cool to know it's out there.
5. We're practically halfway to Christmas again! Time to get an early start on handmade gifts.
6. I sent a note to a stranger this week. They have a pretty garden that I enjoy driving by every day, and I wanted them to know that their work is appreciated. So I wrote down their address, and mailed a card to them. I hope they accept it in the spirit it was sent, and don't fear that they are being stalked or something. :)
7. I'm in the mood to bake a peach cobbler...and have it with vanilla ice cream on the side. Yum! Does anyone have a good peach cobbler recipe?
Except where specifically noted to the contrary, all written and photographic material contained herein is original to the blog author who retains sole ownership. Such material may not be copied in whole or in part without express written permission of the author.
If you believe anything here may be of interest to others and wish to include a link to this page on your own blog, please leave me a comment here to that effect. Thanks.