1. Tuesday. Walking down the hall at work, I glanced in my boss' door. Over his shoulder, I could see his computer screen. Guitars? 'Are you looking for a guitar?' I ask. 'No,' he says rather shortly (guiltily?) and minimizes the computer window.
Wednesday. I return from lunch, and he jumps up as I walk by the door. 'I wasn't buying a guitar,' he exclaims. 'I was shopping for THIS!' And from behind his back he quickly draws his hand. A flash of metal. A quick ascent to his mouth. And a sprightly combination of chords burst forth...uuuuuuuuUUUUUP...DOOOOoooooown...uuUUP...DOOoown...uPDOwnuPDOwn...uP...DOwn.
Oh goody. A harmonica. 'You paid for overnight delivery for a harmonica.'
'Yes, because Jane* and I are going out of town this weekend, and I wanted to surprise her with a harmonica serenade.'
Lucky girl. 'Prepare yourself for snide comments about your instrument,' I say.
*name has been changed to protect the innocent
2. My Christmas tree is still up. It will come down tomorrow. It will come down tomorrow. It WILL come down tomorrow.
3. I need a new purse. My current purse has seen non-stop duty since its purchase in February of 2004. I hate changing purses. I like always having a place for everything and everything in its place...in my purse, at least. I buy. I use up. I give a decent burial and replace.
4. I adore my husband. This may require a post of its own at a later date.
5. I signed up to take a couple of classes in clay bead making. I can't wait.
6. Our yard is completely littered with shreds of foam and batting and fabric...bits of porch chair cushion. I thought that dog was outgrowing his bad behavior, but constant good behavior proved too much for him. But he's forgiven. He is doing exceedingly well with his 'stay' command training.
7. It's almost time for One World One Heart again. I'm trying to decide if I will be participating again this year...and if so, what exactly will my giveaway consist of?