1. I was out of multi-purpose cleaner in the master bath. I could have gone and made some, or retrieved some from another part of the house, but there was a container of a liquid hand soap that I don't really like sitting on the counter, so I poured some of it in the toilet bowl and brushed as usual. Soap is soap, and the ones I don't like for one purpose get used for another.
2. I scheduled 7 new days of work locally for next month.
3. The pantry needs reorganizing desperately. Rotating some of the lingering stock out will help neaten things up as well as be frugal. Tonight we will be having salmon croquettes. Maybe in the next few days there will be tuna casserole, tuna salad sandwiches, some kind of curry to use up the bottle of curry sauce (and fading vegetables in the fridge)...
4. Staying home shutting out the heat. I don't glow. I sweat...copious amounts of sweat.
5. We have a water well. That means that there's no water bill climbing when Carey waters the trees by non-stop slow drip to try to keep the stress of this dry heat from causing damage.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Tuesday: egg on toast
Wednesday: Chloe's b'day supper at Kasey & Beau's
Thursday: Taco Salad
Friday: salmon patties, sweet potato fries, green beans
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)