background

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

What I'm reading Wednesday...

The Last Suppers by Mandy Mikulencak

I am enjoying this novel so much.  Wonderful characters.  

In 1950s Louisiana, Ginny lived in the shadow of the prison.  When she was eight, her prison-guard father was murdered by an inmate, and her mother insisted that Ginny witness his killer's execution.   As an adult, Ginny goes back to the prison as the cook, and discovers a special calling to prepare the last meals for the condemned, even taking care to reach out to their family members for favorite family recipes. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hmmm…not overly grim, I don’t think. I did get to a point today where I gasped at a discovery. I’m about ¾ of the way through now.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails