1. Daughter (I call her our non-certified private accountant) did our taxes this year. Hooray for refunds!
2. She is also going to help me find a certified refurbished phone, since mine has been having issues for over a year.
3. Carey's cell phone and service is through his work, so free to us. But my service is an ungodly monthly amount. Daughter is going to add me to her family plan. Since their family has seven phones currently, she thinks adding one more will only be an additional $5 to $10 a month, and will have unlimited talk/text/data. If that's the case, I'll write her a check for a year's service, and still come in less than my current monthly bill. She can track my calls and location all she wants. :)
4. In the past month I have driven the one mile to daughter's house to 'borrow' Worcestershire sauce, canned tomatoes, an onion, and eggs. Beats driving seven miles to the grocery store or 2 miles to the expensive quick-stop shop.
5. Not to mention she feeds us supper every Sunday!
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday family supper at Kasey's
Wednesday: *Schlotzky sandwiches
I have done terribly at having the energy to cook in the evenings, but I DID manage to pack my lunch to take to work every day.
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)