1. Working a full day of work today.
2. After sticking close to home so much lately, I needed a day out earlier this week. I went to Tuesday Morning and had fun browsing; and when I saw something I was interested in, I put my noggin to figuring out how to use something I already have to do the same thing. I did buy something for a gift...I had been shopping around for this particular item quite a bit lately, and was happy with the price and design of this one.
3. I also stopped by Dollar Tree, mostly because after shopping around and listening to people hacking and sneezing I really wanted some anti-bacterial handwipes. While I was there I picked up a tube of Crest, a bag of caramels (and three other items which I cannot even recall) in addition to the hand wipes. When I swiped my debit card, it was declined...twice. I didn't want to write a check or use another card, so I just asked the cashier to cancel the purchase. The very nice gentleman in line behind me offered to pay for my things. It kind of embarrassed me, and I thanked him but declined. None of the items were urgently needed, so was happy to save the $6.41.
4. My bank called saying that there was some possible fraudulent activity on my debit card. (Explains why it was declined at Dollar Tree.) I verified that I had made all the charges in question, so they lifted the activity hold they had on my account. I not only saved that $6.41 at Dollar Tree, but did not have to deal with correcting fraudulent charges! Whew!!!
5. I had 'pay quarterly life insurance premium' on my to-do list this week...then I realized I had paid it last month. Yea!
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday supper at Kasey's
Monday: *Schlotzky sandwiches
Tuesday: Beef and rice, green beans w/ garlic & lemon butter
Wednesday: Virginia's Taco Soup and cornbread
Thursday: shredded beef tacos with grilled vegetables
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)