1. I finally got around to taking my prescription for new glasses to get filled. I thought I'd try Costco's Optical department. The cost was $120 after insurance for new frames and progressive lenses (trifocal) with no line, no glare, etc. They will be in within a week to 10 days. Hopefully the quality is as good as the service was. I declined the $40 discount to order a second pair. My prescription didn't change much, so my sunglasses are still fine, and in a pinch my current glasses could get me by till they could be replaced.
2. I turned in one of my survey validations for a free drink at Sonic.
3. I've been doing a bit of menu planning and trying to avoid the grocery store. Taking stock of the freezer confirms that we should be well fed for quite awhile. I have a ham and a turkey bought on sale before the holidays, and some shrimp, bacon, sausage, and frozen chicken. That is more than enough to hold us for a good while. The produce section is the easiest to shop, so I don't mind running in to refill the veggie drawers in our fridge.
4. I came across a book that I wanted to read. Not available at library. Ugh. And I'm determined not to buy books this month. Rather than caving on my resolve, I entered a request at library to have them acquire it through purchase or interlibrary loan.
5. I worked two days this week.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday family supper at Kasey's
Monday: waffles, bacon, eggs
Wednesday: Slow Cooker Dublin Coddle
Friday: baked sweet potato
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)