background

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore: A Novel by Matthew Sullivan

I just finished this one about midnight.  I really liked it.  I liked its characters.  I liked the mystery.  I liked the cipher.  Not light reading.  A lot of quirky/downright troubled people, but it definitely kept me hooked.  


The Indigo Girl by Natasha Boyd

I waited forever for this one to be available through the library as an ebook.  Not sure how I will get on with it, but I will give it a try.  Based on actual person and events in eighteenth century South Carolina.

2 comments:

  1. Kath, I loved that book, it seems like every book I read set in a bookstore is a good one. I will have to read the other one now. I haven't had anything outstanding lately to recommend. Have a happy Christmas all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happy that you say you loved Midnight in the Bright Ideas Bookstore. Seems like we’ve had so many that we’ve felt similarly about. Nice to feel comfortable giving and accepting recommendations from a reading friend like you. :)

      I am enjoying The Indigo Girl more than I thought I would. I was afraid that the author might put too many modern attributes onto the female main character, but there are occasional excerpts from what I believe are actual historical writings that make me feel like she actually was a very unusual woman for her time. I’m looking forward to finishing it so that I can see if there is any epilogue or afterward that gives more info on the real-life woman.

      Hope that you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails