1. I scheduled three days of work for January.
2. After cable/phone/Internet bill rate jumped, I phoned the co-op to negotiate a better price. It is still higher than it was, but not the full rate hike originally charged.
3. I squeezed in an appointment with the ophthalmologist before the end of the year to take advantage of deductible already met for this year.
4. Paid all bills. All but two can be paid online, so no stamps required. I drove by a post office near the ophthalmologist office, so dropped off the two that needed to be mailed. No extra driving required.
5. Met with our financial adviser to make sure we are still on track. Took along info for life and long term care insurance policies that I wanted to make sure the coverage and premiums were still appropriate for us. Knowledge is power.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: Italian Sausage Potato & **Spinach Soup
Sunday: Sunday supper at Kasey's
Monday: *Chinese takeout
Wednesday: chili & tamales
Thursday: Easy Enchiladas (to use up leftover chili) and salad
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
(**I substituted fresh kale that needed using instead)