1. I cleaned out my 'magic' ice maker, which keeps me at home instead of going to Sonic. I wanted to give it a good cleaning running a water/vinegar solution through it. I have been putting it off for awhile now, and had reverted to my bad habits. Rudy is happy as well, as it is his favorite ice too. :)
2. I put off buying some clear bags until I had a chance to search a bit in my craft stash, as I was sure I had quite a few left over from a previous project. I actually managed to find enough to meet my current need (and then some) so they will get used without any further capital outlay.
3. Head-achy days kept me hibernating. Not necessarily the best way to be frugal.
4. I supplied dressing and pies only for Thanksgiving dinner. Kasey and Beau did all the rest of the work and expense. I will be making Christmas dinner, but it will be a Chicken and Dumpling feast, the preparation of which I hope to spread over several days (stewing chickens and boning them) and not one exhausting day of work.
5. I've completed my 2017 Reading Challenge. With the help of the library and used books and shopping my own bookshelves, it was a frugal goal for the year that I am now marking DONE!
6. I did NOT go out shopping on this Black Friday. I never do. Hate the crowds and the spending frenzy.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday supper at Kasey's
Tuesday: homemade burger
Wednesday: Mexican Cornbread casserole
Thursday: Thanksgiving dinner at Kasey's
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)