background

Friday, April 28, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 17...


Successes:
1.  My paycheck reflecting the 40 hours worked last week went into my bank account today.  Wowza!  Well, 'wowza' is probably overstating it, but it's been awhile since I worked a full week, so it is nice to see.  

2.  Today is a work day for me as well.  Only one this week, so I enjoyed the time at home.

3.  I completed and submitted an article and photos on Monday morning.  We had a long stretch of overcast and/or rainy days, which delayed the photo taking.

4.  I finally purchased a patio chair.  It seems that I've been waiting forever for the right one to come along.  I finally saw one I liked advertised 'on special' at a retailer and almost purchased it, but did an internet search and found that through Amazon they were $30 less than the 'special' price...and no shipping with my Prime.  Delayed gratification...just in time for it to be too hot to sit outside.

5.  I bought some quilt batting to make a design wall for my craft room.  I'm working on a project that will need careful arranging of pieced squares.  I used a 40% off coupon for the purchase which was a huge help. 

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: *hamburgers 
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  peanut butter & pickle sandwich and a bowl of cereal
Tuesday:  Ham, Onion, Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
Wednesday:  leftovers
Thursday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Friday:  Greek Tortellini Salad

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I really miss those 40-hour week paychecks - hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I’m not working I don’t have money to do what I want (spend on crafts); when I am working I don’t have time to do what I want (spend on crafts).

      It’s a catch 22.

      Delete
  2. A sizeable pay cheque is always a nice boost! :) What are the articles about that you write?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was a DIY...basically a tutorial for a summer decorating project. I can't publish here before the magazine comes out. Not sure if I can after or not. Other articles have been organization related.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails