1. Menu planned. Grocery list made. Major shopping trip done. Coupons used. Freezer and pantry restocked.
2. One item on my shopping list was ham. I don't buy one often, but they were on sale for $1.29 per pound. I have meal plans for ham with macaroni & cheese, quiche, ham sandwiches, and some to be packaged for the freezer for future meals.
3. Just paid the electric bill...probably the lowest of the year.
4. While the weather is comfortable, Carey has plans to take the air conditioner apart today. He is going to clean the coils and check things over. Not exactly in his job description, but he has had A/C training through his employer over the years. A mechanical husband is a frugal thing indeed.
5. I'm working Monday thru Friday of next week. I am just a wee bit out of practice. If it doesn't kill me, I will have a decent pay check.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, corn
Monday: roast, carrots, potatoes & gravy
Tuesday: Taco Salad
Wednesday: French Canadian Salmon Pie
Friday: pork roast, squash casserole, green beans
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)