1. I've had the car for two weeks and haven't had to buy gasoline yet.
2. I got a call today booking a day of work at a branch I've not worked at before. It's not till the end of April, but it's nice to have days booked ahead. I have half of my annual minimum required hours for 2017 booked now.
3. I found several bags of black-eyed peas in the freezer. Jared hates black-eyed peas, but he loves 15 bean soup. Since the temperatures have dipped back into 'soup weather' range, I think I will make a pot of 15 bean soup for tomorrow's supper and hide some extra black-eyed peas amongst the other 14 kinds of beans. :)
4. A monthly work-related expense for Carey should decrease by about $60 a month going forward.
5. I've had 4 items in my Amazon shopping cart for weeks. They really are things I need, but not exactly imminently, so in the mean time money stays in my pocket.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: homemade pizza
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: *dinner out at Antlers
Tuesday: Dublin Coddle
Wednesday: Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)