1. Have been making do without a car for three weeks now. Not too fun since we live in a semi-rural area and Carey has been working out of town for two of the three weeks. Rental car is not covered under our insurance policy, so managing without for now. I restocked the pantry and fridge while Carey was home, so it's not been too bad. The kids run my errands, and a friend picked me up for quilting, both of which I'm very grateful for. Luckily I like hanging out at home with Rudy. Gasoline bill should be quite low this month.
2. The other Kathleen is coming to see me next week! I'm so happy! I booked a rental car for the week she's here so that we can do some running around. I used a discount through an organization membership perk and saved 5%.
3. Thermostat is set on 62͒ F, which sounds low, but it's not uncomfortable when I'm wearing my favorite sweatshirt cardigan. Carey will undoubtedly turn it up when he gets home.
4. I made the last payment on Carey's truck. I hate his truck. It is unnecessarily loud and huge and hard to get into, and it has frequent issues and is a constant source of irritation for me. But it is paid off!
5. I remembered to cancel Kindle Unlimited before my free trial ended so didn't incur any charge.
Keep Tryings: I had to turn down another day of work due to being car-less. We haven't gotten a definitive answer yet, but it's looking like it is going to be considered a total loss.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: Frito pie
Sunday: Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday: grazed the fridge contents
Tuesday: Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans
Wednesday: Tortilla Soup
Thursday: Haluski with Sausage
Friday: Turkey Tetrazzini
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)