1. Browned beef soup bones, then removed the generous meat that was on them. The meat went into soup for supper, the bones went in the refrigerator overnight, then placed them in slow cooker with two quarts of water and 1/4 cup vinegar, and left to soak for an hour . After an hour I added celery, onion, bay leaves and cooked on low for around 24 hours. Strained stock and it is stored in fridge.
2. Bought some deeply discounted after-Halloween candy.
3. I've had the same credit card for a LONG time. It earns rewards which I have never redeemed. Occasionally I go look at the merchandise on their website, but it is never anything I am yearning for, so I've always just let them continue to accumulate. This week I noticed that they have Amazon gift cards for purchase. I bought as many as I could with my points balance. They may cover my Christmas shopping...they may BE my Christmas shopping. :)
4. Carey is off for three weeks. We had been hoping for a trip, but it's been a lean year. I'd rather stay home and work on some projects than rack up bills.
5. Enjoyed wearing another pair of earrings that haven't been worn in years. Happy I decided that my old jewelry deserved a chance to be new again instead of being replaced.
1. Can't take advantage of the cooler temps by opening windows. Rudy would tear his way through the screens trying to get at the deer in the yard.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: Sausage, rice, cabbage
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Tuesday: leftovers for Carey, *dinner out w/ friend for me
Wednesday: scrambled eggs w/ sausage and toast
Friday: Roast w/ dumplings
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)