1. The "Carry On" posters have been everywhere for the last few years...a bit too much popular fad for my taste...but came across this one recently, and the small print gave me a chuckle.
2. This week is kicking my booty. I will be VERY glad when one special person gets back to work from maternity leave (that is so selfish of me, because I know how hard it is to leave a sweet baby with a new sitter situation) and another empty staff position is filled.
3. Added to my crazy schedule this week was Carey having some outpatient surgery yesterday. We had to be up very early to get to the city on time (right at rush hour I might add), and ended up choosing a route that completely backfired when we came to a low place in the road with fast moving water flowing across it. Had to turn around and take alternate route. More storms expected tonight, so the flooding is probably not over.
4. Speaking of floods...so much destruction and heartbreak nearby. Prayers for the lost and those who love them. Prayers for the searchers. Prayers for those mucking out the mud. If you have never cleaned up after a flood, the smell...oh the smell.
5. Must add that Carey is recovering very well, in honor of which I think I should order this:
|image credit: keepcalmandcarryon.com|