background

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Seven random thoughts on the 7th...


1.  I wish that I could insert an aroma.pie file into this blog post.  I have two Chocolate Bourbon Pecan pies in the oven, and the house smells SO amazing!  Pecan pie is Carey's favorite, and since he had to be out of town on his birthday, this is the first chance I've had to bake for him.

2.  A couple of months ago my sweet baby girl decided that she wanted to start a tradition of having us over for Sunday dinner each week.  She cooks the dinner.  I bring the dessert.  That wasn't a requirement of her invitation, but the grandchildren have been quite pleased so far.  :)

3.  Four days straight of working 8 to 5 last week was hard.  I am out of practice.  And the desk chair was really hard on my back.  However, it was a great branch...really efficient and everything very straightforward.  I have quite a few more work days this month and a few next month as well...some at this same branch, and some at another.  

4.  And work hasn't left as much time for reading!  Current book is challenging, so though I've been at it for over a week, I'm only about half-way through.

5.  Saturday an old friend came to visit for a few hours.  She hasn't visited since we moved, so she got a tour of the house...the very, VERY cluttered house.  Then Carey's brother spent the night last night.  They weren't supposed to be back from the lease until today sometime.  I had hoped to straighten up a little.  Oh well.

6.  Anyone thinking about Christmas gifting yet?  If I want to hand make things, it is time to get on the ball.  I have materials gathered for one project ready to start on.

7.  We have several projects that need doing around the house.  Three big ones.  New floors in the non-carpeted areas of the house (which is everywhere except the bedrooms).  Kitchen remodel.  New front door.  I'm hoping we can get started on those fairly soon.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how good those pies smelt mmmmm, I think someone should invent smellie vision soon!I am quite organised when it comes to Christmas I have my note book of lists done, I have made a start on the Grandchildren's goody bags,kids bubble bath, lip glosses for the girls,bath paint for the boys,small games,a store gift card,Christmas cookies and Gingerbread men and sweets, smellies for the adults and I am thinking of knitting scarves for my friends.They don't take long and that is all I can knit.
    I have just finished reading a Cecelia Ahern book, I have all of her books they are in a fun writing style that I love, I don't read very deep books.
    Great post, bet the pie went down well ! x Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Random 7 idea :) I bet those pies smelled (and tasted!) divine...
    And thanks for visiting and leaving a lovely comment - the sound of the planets IS amazing, isn't it? The new Planet Suite :)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails