background

Monday, June 3, 2013

Making it Monday...


I got a few cards made over the weekend.  This first one is for a friend and fellow card maker.  And that's all I'm going to say about that, because I don't know if she knows about the blog or not...I don't think so, but you never know.



This one is for my friend who holds the record for long-term friendship with me...not to be confused with my oldest friend, you understand.  :)  She moved in across the street from me when we were in the fourth grade.  As I recall, it took awhile before either of us got up the nerve to speak to the other, but when we finally did, we became best friends as only little girls can.  
Her dad was in the Navy, so there came a time when they were transferred...many tears and letters followed.  To my amazement and eternal gratitude, it was a fairly brief time that they were gone.  When they moved back to our town, they were able to rent the same house right across the street again, and were there through high school...by the end of which we were not speaking because we had a falling out over a boy....but happy ending, we learned that boys come and go, but best friends are forever.

Anyway, she loves giraffes.  I found this image of a watercolored giraffe on Pinterest.  I would give credit to the original artist, but the link didn't lead to a website, and there was no name.  Anyway, it was simple enough that I was able to recreate it for the card front.




And I found this awesome little flash drive to send along with the card.  She's a teacher, so I'm thinking that she might have to copy files and transport to and from school.
Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. I love your cards but especially the giraffe flash drive----so cute!! I have made a great gift today and forgot to take a picture of it before giving it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a cardmaker and love the cards, the Giraffe card is so cute x Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails