background

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Going Paleo...

Tilapia dusted with almond flour and pan browned in olive oil
Zucchini sliced lengthwise, topped with a tiny bit of parmesan and baked til just browning
Grape tomatoes and sliced avocado

I've resisted for a long time.  Kasey and Beau have been eating the Paleo way for over a year now, I think.  The kids too, except that they aren't overly strict with the kids.  The children still drink milk and eat cheese, and no worries about what's eaten away from home.

I'm finally jumping on the bandwagon due to constant aches and pains.  I'm hoping that the dairy-free and gluten-free change may help with that.  So for the next thirty days I'm giving it a trial period.

Quick description of Paleo: meats, vegetables, nuts & seeds...some fruit and a little starch...no sugar, grains, or dairy.

Photo above was dinner last night.  Yum!  The almond flour that I used to dust the tilapia browned beautifully and tasted great...I just added a little salt, pepper, and dill.  The Parmesan on the squash was not on plan, but it was minimal (maybe a teaspoon on the entire pan of squash).

The zucchini couldn't be fresher.  It was delivered to my office yesterday by a great friend...one who shares the produce of their garden and the eggs from their chickens!  Of course she'd be a great friend even without those perks, but the perks are lovely!  Thanks, V...your generosity couldn't have been more timely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails