background

Friday, November 26, 2010

Rapunzel, Rapunzel...


photo credit: movie ad

If ever I identified with a fairy-tale heroine, it was definitely Rapunzel. My mother was never keen on my having long hair, but as soon as I was old enough to take care of it myself, I would go years without cutting it, and I would brush and brush and brush.

Kasey and the girls found themselves with no males at home today, so they invited me for a girls-only movie matinee. We went to see Tangled. It was really enjoyable. Beautiful artistry (though I do find it a little disconcerting how lifelike the animation can seem at times) and a wonderful story, of course.

The humor was truly laugh worthy...those pub thugs...loved them! The music was really good, and I kept wondering if it had been a stage play before it was made into animated film.

Took me back to my favorite school field trips ever, when we would line up class by class and walk over to the local college auditorium (my elementary school was really near the college, other schools in town came by the busloads), where the drama department would put on wonderful productions of fairy tales for the entire school system. I wonder if they still do that? I hope they do.

But as for the movie, I'd say it got four thumbs up from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails