background

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I swear, I am not a hypochondriac...



I've said it here before, and I'll say it again...housework is hazardous to your health!

Since Saturday I've been having more muscle spasms that made the one of a couple of weeks ago seem like a walk in the park. These actually required an ambulance and ER visit. ...sigh...

God bless EMTs. I kept apologizing for having to call them, and they said, "Ma'am, we get lots of calls where people don't really need us, but you weren't one of them. You definitely needed an ambulance." Okay. I can let go of my guilt.

Ex-rays showed no structural damage, so they diagnosed severe strain, the ER doctor gave me some mega muscle relaxers, and I've needed them. I went to the chiropractor yesterday, and today, and I will again tomorrow. That has helped a lot. I made it through today without muscle relaxers or pain pills...still moving carefully. I think I'll be back at work tomorrow.

Good thing as one of my co-workers shattered her knee on Sunday, and will be out for quite awhile. Kind of makes me feel guilty for whining about a muscle spasm.

Anyway, all this to say that I can no longer keep putting health and fitness on the back burner of my life. I have to start exercising regularly again...lose some weight...build some strength in the core muscles supporting my back.

There. I said it. Feel free to call me on it if I don't seem to be following through.

6 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear you are starting to feel better. Both Hubs and eldest son are EMTs. They always say the people who need the ambulance most are always apologizing, and generally they wait too long to call. You did the right thing! Take care of yourself! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Theresa. And they did tell me I should have called sooner. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me, those EMT's were telling the truth. You would be shocked at some of the patients that get brought into Mike's ER by the ambulance. And they have a policy "you call, we haul" so they have to go to everyone who calls them. You most certainly should have called.
    Maybe you could knit them a couple of wash cloths, while you are down, as a thank you gift. :)
    Get well soon, our prayers are with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an EMT and we do get the calls from people that don't need us...Like the one for a ingrown toenail!!! Yes it is true. But we can tell when people do need us, and from you described you defintely did! I sure hope that you feel better soon!

    I love your OWOH giveaway also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been saying that for YEARS!
    So I boycott by not doing it all on the same day or weekend!
    Then I take a nap and say, forgetaboutit!
    Glad you on the mend...

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails