background

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

What I'm reading Wednesday...

The Window Trail by JJ Rusz

I haven't finished last week's book yet; it is full of information that takes some thought and sometimes backtracking a page or two.  It is extremely interesting to me, as I search every photo to see if one or both of my parents might have been in camera range.  Living and working among the crowds, high rents (if you could find living space to rent), shortages and rationing must have been true culture shock for my mother who was raised on a Nebraska farm, and my father from small town Nebraska.  

Last week's book is also a paperback, and I prefer to be able to slip my Kindle into my purse for appointments, waiting, etc.  So I started The Window Trail (see photo above) because it is on my Kindle.  This one is set in Texas (my home state) in the Big Bend National Park area.  Readers who know me IRL know that I hate am not fond of the Big Bend area, or deserts in general.  My husband and both of our children love it, however.  The family joke is that I think they should spread my ashes there after I die; not because I like it, but because I know they will come visit me.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to your posts on what you are reading. We usually do not read the same genres but there are times I will add a title of yours to my must-read list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails