background

Friday, June 1, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 22...


Successes:
1.  An ebook sounded interesting on Amazon, and was on special for $3.99.  I checked the library website before shelling out any money...score!  I had to get on the reserve list, but there are five copies, and I'm 7th on the list, so it shouldn't be too long.  I can wait.  

I also checked the library for another book that I wanted to read.  It's an old book, so hard to find, and the library didn't have it.  I couldn't find it anywhere at a reasonable price, so I bought the Kindle version.  But when I was checking the library for the book, I discovered that they DID have the 1978 miniseries based on the books on DVD.  Fun weekend viewing.  :)

2.  Picked up two new days of work this week.  I cannot believe how often my phone has been ringing.  On Tuesday I was in the middle of an appointment with my primary care physician.  She asked me if I was still working, and I replied I had not worked this much since I left full time, and I am pooped!  At which point my phone (which I had silenced) vibrated loudly in my purse.  She jokingly asked, 'Is it work?', so I looked down at the phone, and indeed it was.  Oi vey!  

3.  Carey also worked an extra three days filling in for a co-worker.  He's pooped too!

4.  I made a birthday card for my friend, Pam's, birthday today.  I'm working in the town where she lives today, so we are having dinner after I get off.

5.  I packed a lunch to take to work today.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *baked potato
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
Tuesday:  *barbecue
Wednesday:  roast, potatoes, carrots
Thursday:  *burger
Friday:  *dinner out for a friend's birthday

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

1 comment:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails