background

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Another Christmas gift...

Yesterday was a productive day.  I finished this last night.  It's for another of my co-workers.  It's not a great photo, but I had to take it after dark, so I could wrap the gift to take to work with me this morning.


I came across the quote pinned on Pinterest and credited here .  In case you can't read it, it says, "Grandma's house...where cousins go to become best friends."  When I saw it, I immediately thought of my friend.  She has four grandchildren who text each other making plans for their next visit to her house, then they call her and let her in on the plan.  I think that is so cute, and I thought she would like this little picture (fingers crossed).  The cousins will all be visiting her over the Christmas holidays.

I created the quote layout in Photoshop.  I used spray adhesive to adhere some linen to a piece of card stock, trimmed it really well, and ran it through the printer to print the quote on the fabric.  After that I removed the card stock from the linen, and I used some scraps and some fusible webbing to add the house.  Then I embellished with some buttons and simple stitches.

The linen background fabric was another piece trimmed from a discarded pair of wide-legged linen slacks of mine.  I suppose that's one good thing about wearing a plus size.  I'm going to be really sad when I use the last of that linen.  Remember this project ?  It was also made from the salvaged linen slacks.

The frame was one I bought at the dollar store several years ago and has been sitting in my craft stash since then.

So I am doing really well at stretching my Christmas budget this year.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous, Kath - and I LOVE that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caroline. Happily, it was a hit with the recipient too.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails