background

Friday, June 15, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 24...

Successes:
1.  Took advantage of daughter and son-in-law's pool, and spent the afternoon playing in it with the kids.  Fun, exercise, and only minimal guilt that they have all that upkeep and expense, and I get to use it for free.  LOL

2.  Worked two days.


3.  I packed a little box of cross-stitch supplies for my purse.  Unfortunately I picked up sharp needles instead of the more rounded-tipped cross-stitch needles.  Luckily there was an emery board handy.  After filing down the sharp needle tip a little, it dulled the point enough to make it much easier to use on the paper tag I was working on, and it didn't split the thread as much.  I know I have cross-stitch needles in the chaos craft room somewhere, so finding a handy temporary fix instead of buying more is frugally making do.

4.  I've been making a real effort to drink water.  I've only had two Cokes this month.  

5.  I had some yellow squash in the fridge that needed to be used.  Carey picked it out at the store for me, and they were all covered in blemishes that were somewhat woody feeling, and I was afraid it might have an unappetizing texture after cooking.  Honestly, I was tempted to sneakily chuck them in the trash. Instead I used a potato peeler to remove all of the skin and then put them in a favorite cheesy-squash casserole.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  Quiche and broccoli
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey's
Monday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Tuesday:  pork chops, baked sweet potatoes, squash casserole
Wednesday:  sausage, peppers, and rice skillet with green beans
Thursday:  leftovers
Friday:  *pizza

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

1 comment:

  1. I love that paper tag - must look for some of those.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails