1. Having breakfast for dinner last night saved me making a trip to the grocery store, and the eggs were free from a generous local chicken keeper.
2. Received an email notification from the library that Season 3 of Outlander, which I've been on the reserve list for, is ready for me to pick up. Weekend binge watching ahead without a Showtime subscription fee.
3. Our phone/cable/internet co-op is going to be deducting 20% from our bills going forward. It will be considered a dividend payment, and will be reported to the IRS at the end of the year as such. Seems kind of an odd way of giving a discount (must have tax benefits for the co-op), but even after taxes will still keep money in our pocket.
4. Filled up while I was in town taking advantage of 10¢ per gallon discount.
5. I faithfully use a windshield sun shade when parked outside. My car has a black interior, so the shade definitely helps the interior temperature and makes it easier for the a/c to cool down after being parked. It also helps prevent damage to the dash and upholstery from sun damage over time.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: Greek Tortellini Salad
Wednesday: *Schlotzky sandwiches
Thursday: breakfast for dinner
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)