background

Friday, June 8, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 23...


Successes:
1.  Having breakfast for dinner last night saved me making a trip to the grocery store, and the eggs were free from a generous local chicken keeper.

2.  Received an email notification from the library that Season 3 of Outlander, which I've been on the reserve list for, is ready for me to pick up.  Weekend binge watching ahead without a Showtime subscription fee.

3.  Our phone/cable/internet co-op is going to be deducting 20% from our bills going forward.  It will be considered a dividend payment, and will be reported to the IRS at the end of the year as such.  Seems kind of an odd way of giving a discount (must have tax benefits for the co-op), but even after taxes will still keep money in our pocket.

4.  Filled up while I was in town taking advantage of 10¢ per gallon discount.

5.  I faithfully use a windshield sun shade when parked outside.  My car has a black interior, so the shade definitely helps the interior temperature and makes it easier for the a/c to cool down after being parked.  It also helps prevent damage to the dash and upholstery from sun damage over time.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *sushi
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  Greek Tortellini Salad
Tuesday:  leftovers
Wednesday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Thursday:  breakfast for dinner
Friday:  *Tex-Mex

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. Love Outlander! Enjoy Season 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve not seen season three so must try and catch up too. I’ve been looking for cheaper deals on tv/phone and internet for my Mum and have reduced her monthly bill from £108 to £49.50. She doesn’t really need the internet either but e use it when visiting. Might look at tv/phone deals now for her.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails