1. An ebook sounded interesting on Amazon, and was on special for $3.99. I checked the library website before shelling out any money...score! I had to get on the reserve list, but there are five copies, and I'm 7th on the list, so it shouldn't be too long. I can wait.
I also checked the library for another book that I wanted to read. It's an old book, so hard to find, and the library didn't have it. I couldn't find it anywhere at a reasonable price, so I bought the Kindle version. But when I was checking the library for the book, I discovered that they DID have the 1978 miniseries based on the books on DVD. Fun weekend viewing. :)
2. Picked up two new days of work this week. I cannot believe how often my phone has been ringing. On Tuesday I was in the middle of an appointment with my primary care physician. She asked me if I was still working, and I replied I had not worked this much since I left full time, and I am pooped! At which point my phone (which I had silenced) vibrated loudly in my purse. She jokingly asked, 'Is it work?', so I looked down at the phone, and indeed it was. Oi vey!
3. Carey also worked an extra three days filling in for a co-worker. He's pooped too!
4. I made a birthday card for my friend, Pam's, birthday today. I'm working in the town where she lives today, so we are having dinner after I get off.
5. I packed a lunch to take to work today.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: *baked potato
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
Wednesday: roast, potatoes, carrots
Friday: *dinner out for a friend's birthday
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)