1. Booked 3 new days of work in June, and 2 weeks in July.
2. I worked in a neighboring town on Monday, but managed to prepare slow cooker recipe Sunday night, store covered in fridge overnight, and just slip pot into the cooking base Monday morning and turn it on. I haven't been cooking much lately for a variety of reasons, but this week I managed to get about a week's worth of freezer meals stored to feed Carey while he's at work with at least a little bit of variety.
3. We had a great day trip to see my mother-in-law. Carey took her chocolates for Mother's Day. She isn't really supposed to have chocolate, so we kept them few in number and I packaged them prettily with supplies from my stash. My gift was a nice long foot rub.
4. I have been so unhappy with my HE washing machine. How many times have I said that here? Last weekend I was at the point of telling Carey that we needed to get rid of it and shop to see if we could find a more retro one that I could fill to a water level I wanted and actually get my towels to stop being smelly and seeming less than clean. I decided that I should probably read through the manual before doing anything rash. And behold, I actually figured out how to get a higher water level! I also ran a cleaning cycle with a cleaner, which removed the dank smell from the wash tub, and I scrubbed the rim of the tub to remove dust and grime build up. I think I may be happy enough to keep it after all. A little elbow grease and effort, and reading the instructions (!), helps make 'making do' more satisfying.
5. Reading library books, brewing iced tea, paying bills on time, setting money aside monthly for annual insurance premiums...
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: *Schlotzky sandwiches
Sunday: Sunday supper at Kasey's
Monday: Dublin Coddle
Tuesday: late lunch out with m-i-l, skipped supper
Wednesday: meatloaf, baked potato, corn
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)