background

Friday, May 4, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 18...


Successes:

1.  Kasey is attending a wedding this weekend, and needed her gift wrapped.  I'm her go-to wedding-and-baby gift wrapper. :)  I had plenty of supplies in my stash to make a pretty presentation.

2.  Planned-overs:  slow cooker pork roast dinner on Monday made pork carnitas tacos on Thursday.  

3.  Picked up another two days of work in June.  I really had to think about it.  It means missing another day of quilting at the library, but it will pay for the quilt retreat in the fall.  My job is kind of feast or famine.  Right now is a busy time, but it won't always be, so better take advantage of it while it's here.

4.  I brewed some peppermint tea...much cheaper and healthier than soda...and it's starting to get hot enough to really crave cooling beverages.

5.  Taking care of some financial organization necessitated a trip into the credit union today.  I expected it to be a quick ho-hum chore, but was surprised to see someone I really like working the counter as a new employee.  Still quick, but made a ho-hum chore fun to get a minute to catch up, not to mention that staying on top of financial organization is a very frugal activity.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *Chinese
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey's
Monday:  pork roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, broccoli
Tuesday:  Mexican Cornbread, beans, sliced tomatoes
Wednesday:  *Tex-Mex
Thursday:  tacos: pork carnitas; grilled onion, green & yellow peppers; avocado
Friday:  leftovers

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

1 comment:

  1. I need to dig out some of my flavored teas and turn them into iced tea.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails