background

Friday, April 20, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 16...


Successes:
1.  I worked all week.  The patient (she has gotten an excellent report, and is feeling good) has a return-to-work date of April 30...week after next.  That will make five weeks in a row for me total.  Definitely not my norm.  I am exhausted!  But savings account, get ready!

2.  I'm booked for two more weeks during her next surgery in July, as well as one day a week between now and then.  And two days in May at another branch which I think I mentioned last week.

3.  I've barely had time to read, and am still on my library ebook.  It was due a few days ago, but since it's on my Kindle, I just keep the wifi turned off.  The library's book gets returned from my Amazon account, so no fines, but I'm still able to read on my Kindle as long as I don't forget and turn on wifi...if I do that it instantly gets sucked into the ether.  

4.  Amazingly we are still not using the air conditioner.  I know I've been mentioning that every week, but it is really rare to go this far into the year without it.

5.  I have zipped through my email inbox at night...delete, delete, delete...with nary a temptation to buy a book or fabric or clothes.  Saving time and very probably money.

Bonus:  I received the $30 rebate check from the purchase of Rudy's flea/tick meds.  

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  breakfast for dinner...waffles, bacon, & eggs
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey's
Monday:  Carey cooked spaghetti; I had *salad out with a friend
Tuesday:  *anniversary dinner out
Wednesday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Thursday:  snacked
Friday:  *Chloe's pick

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

1 comment:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails