1. Two stay-home, no-spend days since returning home on Tuesday from the retreat.
2. We ate the last of the twice-baked potatoes from the freezer this week. It will be time to make another big batch for the freezer very soon. Having a well-stocked freezer makes it easier to withstand the temptation of takeout.
3. I worked a full day today, and it was local. Not having to commute saves time and gasoline.
4. Batched errands near the office today. The office I worked at was just blocks from the library, so I picked up some reserved items at lunch, then dropped by the bank next door to the library to deposit a check.
5. I dropped by the kids' house on my way home from work. Chloe had just finished the first Harry Potter book, and she asked me to take her to the library to pick up the second. I brought her home with me instead and gave her the first three of the series, which I have had forever. I told her to donate all of them to the library when she was through reading numbers two and three. Saved me gasoline (and I didn't want to make another trip since I had just been there at lunch today), and got stuff out of my house.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: @ quilt retreat
Sunday: @ quilt retreat
Monday: @ quilt retreat
Tuesday: pot pies
Wednesday: meatloaf, twice-baked potatoes, corn
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)