background

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What I'm reading Wednesday...

The Son by Philipp Meyer

I've been wanting to read this since I heard it reviewed on the radio.  I happened to log onto my public library website the other day, and saw that it was available to reserve with only one ahead of me on the list.  I reserved it, and was emailed within just a few days that it was ready for check out.

After that last book took me nearly a month to finish, I thought I was losing my reading mojo.  But it all came back to me...I finished all 650 pages of this one in one weekend.  The historic aspect was very interesting, as it is set in the area where I live, but I was left feeling pretty unsatisfied since none of the characters were very likable.



The Time Between by Karen White

While I was at the library, I picked up this one as well.  I had seen it on Amazon and thought about getting it, and probably would have, but didn't want to pay full price.  So I was pretty happy to see it available on the 'new' shelf in the library...love borrowing for free.  :)  I just started it, so I'm not sure how it's going yet.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails