background

Monday, August 26, 2013

2013 goals, August progress...


It's been awhile since I've updated my list.  I've been pretty busy actually doing some of them!  For brevity, I have deleted some of the goals which were miserable fails.  :) 

PERSONAL MONTHLY GOALS
  • Turn computer off by 9:00 pm on work nights
    • not doing well at this, but I did have a sleep study and get a CPAP, so I am getting more and better rest
  • Get back to a more Paleo eating plan
    • woohoo!  Paleo daughter moved in and is doing all the cooking!  :)
  • Take my lunch to work twice a week
    • pretty hit and miss
  • Walk for fifteen minutes 15 times a month
    • moved the treadmill into the living room...does that count a little bit?
  • blog 20 times a month
    • 9 / 20
  • have one or more of the kidlets overnight once a month
    • easy peasy (stay tuned for next month's stats!)
PERSONAL ANNUAL GOALS
  • Lose 25 pounds
    • ummm...the year's not over yet...I've still got time, right?
  • Organize home office / craft room
    • ...sort of...I ended up just moving a lot of stuff out of there so there was room for daughter and son-in-law to live in it for a month or so
  • Organize photos
    • well, they are not in albums yet, but thanks to daughter, we have them semi organized...which means they are all in one place and in uniform storage boxes.
  • Paint cabinets in guest powder room
    • not yet
  • Reorganize laundry room
    • not yet
  • Paint laundry room cabinets
    • not yet
  • Build / finish the garage apartment
    • Done!   Yea!!!
  • Complete the 2013 Reading Challenge
    • presently on book number 10 of 12 from the challenge list, and have read 16 others...way down from last year, but my schedule has changed drastically, so...
GIVING GOALS (for the year)
  • Knit 12 hats to donate
  • Donate 12 boxfuls of household goods / clothes to Goodwill
    • I quit counting...I think we can count this one fulfilled!
  • Donate 12 books to the library
    • 19 / 12
  • Donate to two good causes
    • fulfilled
FINANCIAL GOALS (for the year)
  • Be more deliberately mindful of finances
    • I am mindful that we have spent a LOT on construction...now back to SAVING mode
  • Contribute maximum to our IRAs
    • Carey's, yes...mine, not yet
  • Add $100 to each of the five college funds
  • Price / plan future kitchen remodel
    • in progress (and will be for a LONG time)
CREATIVE GOALS (for the year)
  • Hand quilt Rita May's quilt top
  • Make 52 cards 40 / 52
  • Knit 6 dishcloths 4 / 6
  • Sew 2 hot pads 1/2
  • Knit 1 cowl
  • Make 6 Pinterest projects   6 / 6
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing well with your challenges, Kathleen - though I did have to chuckle at the treadmill one (glad somebody else is doing as badly as me on the exercise front!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kath you are doing so well. When the kids were here last month and I was super stressed from the messes not cleaned up(the adults not the kids) I got a lot of projects done to keep me busy and my mouth closed. makes for good relations ":

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great post,you have lots to do! wenalso have lots to do and I have to start a list too x Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails