Okay this is gonna be quick, because I was supposed to have the computer turned off thirty-five minutes ago.
1. %^&#%!! BLOGGER!
2. Why can automotive engineers not admit that they made a mistake and put the dimmer switch back on the floor where it belongs? I know it wouldn't solve all the idiots driving around with bright lights on...but now that they are driving around with cell phones, they don't have a hand free to dim the damn lights on the column even when they do remember! (just my opinion) True story...I was driving behind a sheriff's deputy tonight on the way home, and a car topped the hill in front of us with its bright lights on. The deputy flipped the lights on top of his cruiser, and the
moron oncoming driver dimmed swiftly. Oh how I wish I could flip on those blue and red flashing rooftop lights. sigh. Yes, I do know I'm venting...but I have to drive in the dark BOTH to-work commute and home commute, and I'm cranky.
3. So today was the first day back to school after the holiday break. Caitlyn stayed home sick. She had the nerve to blame it on me. Here's how our phone conversation went this afternoon:
"Hi, Grandma.""Are you sick today, sweetpea?"
"Yes. It's because you made me eat that whole root beer float yesterday."
"Oh, I'm so sorry. From now on we will only get you the little bitty ice creams."
"No...that's okay...I'm fine."
4. So I spent all weekend finally finishing an 800+ page book. Never will I read this author again. What a waste of my time. I quit watching soap operas decades ago, and now I'm through reading them. Yes, I'm talking to you, Diana Gabaldon. Didn't I say this same thing about Jean Auel's last book about this same time last year?
5. Today I sent a letter to a friend. My second of the year...2/52. Right on target. :)
6. My menu for the week is planned. I spent my lunch hour doing the grocery shop. I've been making my own iced coffees for the morning commute. I took my lunch today. And I have tomorrow's dinner in the fridge ready to drop into the crockpot in the morning. Yea, me!
7. My Christmas tree is still up. Hey, nobody's perfect.