background

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Back in the saddle...



This is my pencil cup at work. In case that sticky note on it is too small for ya, it reads:

"Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion." C. Northcote Parkinson

Truer words were never spoken!

What is it about going back to work after having some time off? Exhausting! Today was long stretches of boredom, interspersed with intense periods of effort. And what law of nature makes the phone stay silent for an hour and then multiple calls come through all at the same time?

Thank goodness tomorrow is a short day! What a whiner I am. :)

I think I'll change the sticky note on my cup to read, "Wackadoodles make the day interesting!"



1 comment:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails