background

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Saturday 9...




1.When was the last time you were told to go your own way? A few weeks ago...my cardiologist fired me...coolly decreed that I no longer needed a cardiologist. But I still need to take a blood thinner which requires at least monthly testing, which I was having done at his clinic. I practically begged to be allowed to continue going there for the testing as it is so handy for me. He grimly stated that it was NOT handy for them. And so began the wrangling with the insurance company and the search for a PT/INR monitor so that I can test myself and manage things with my primary-care physician. I had some luck yesterday morning...I'm keeping my fingers crossed. (Not to worry anyone...the cardiologist was only needed because of a pulmonary embolism after my hysterectomy...at which time they discovered that I had a genetic predisposition toward clotting...so if you are a relative reading this, and you ever need surgery, you should probably mention to your doctor that a family member has Factor V Leiden so they can test you beforehand. And don't think that just because you've had successful recovery from previous injuries/surgeries in the past that you are off free...I've had my share, and my doctor pretty much says I was just lucky before.

2. What one experience has strengthened your character the most so far? Hard times.

3. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Curl up with a good book!

4. How long can you go without your cell phone? I rarely use it. As handy as they are in an emergency, I would be giddy if all cell phones disappeared from the earth this very moment!

5. Do you wish you were somewhere else right now? Absolutely not. I had the chance to be somewhere else, and I cancelled so that I could stay home.

6. Of all the people you have ever known, who have you most feared? Several people pop into my mind, but I can't say that I really know them. I think that's what was the most scary...the fact that I didn't know what to expect from them.

7. Do people tell you that you look your age? No...I hang with very polite people. :)

8. Your ex shows up randomly at your house, what do you say? I don't have an ex...yet. Just kidding, he's too sweet to let him get away.

9. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance? I believe that God gives us all innumerable chances. I do the best I can to follow His example, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails