background

Thursday, April 30, 2020

This pandemic thing, April's end...

The tools of my trade.
And a cowbell...because sometimes you just need more cowbell.

At work I think of things I want to say here.  I get home and I'm too tired or distracted to put them down.  

I'm thirsty.  I need to make masks.  I want a hot bath.

I can't think of words lately...I pause in my speech thinking that they will come, but the pauses string out interminably...embarrassingly.

The other day I had to call our home office for some instruction on an issue I was having.  As I was explaining the situation, my voice sounded funny to me, and I blurted out to the home office associate I was speaking to, "Do I sound hoarse to you...do I sound like a hypochondriac?"  He said, "You sound fine to me.  I think we're all imagining symptoms."  LOL

I have birthday and Mother's Day cards to make this weekend, so maybe there will be a Saturday snail mail post.  I also need to make a week's worth of masks for each of us; but if I could get a few made this weekend I would be happy with myself.  And I need to trim Rudy's nails.  Those are my only plans for the weekend, and I will be ecstatic (and surprised) if I complete them all.

6 comments:

  1. Take some time to take care of yourself. This is wearing us all down and the indistinct shape of the future is part of the challenge. A week's worth of masks sounds like a great goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right, Juhli! I ended up taking yesterday afternoon off. I came home and took a nap! :)

      Delete
  2. Stressful thoughts running in the back of one's mind can cause us to lose track of what we are saying. Honestly it doesn't need to be stressful thoughts that cause it though, we can all get distracted with wandering thoughts while we are talking. Too much multi-tasking can have the same effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sherri! I am a proud MONOtasker through and through! You are right, I get SO confused if I try to multitask or get distracted.

      Delete
  3. I remember before retirement thinking of all the things I planned to do once I got home and then being too tired to do them or finding better things to do (crafting.) BTW, I left my cowbell at the office when I retired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLing, Sylvia, that you had a cowbell on your desk too! :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails