background

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Seven random thoughts on the 7th...

Wow!  It's the first time I've remembered to post a Seven on the 7th in...forever!

1.  Realized recently that I have more paid vacation time coming this year than I thought.  Hot dog!

2.  Names, names, names!  Our office has more cases of what are commonly first names for both first and last than I have ever come across.  I am forever getting them backward when I go to type them in.  For instance (the following are samples, not our clients) Peter James, Bob Francis, Thomas Scott, Meghan Joyce.  And if that's not confusing enough, we also have tons of people with what are commonly two last names for both first and last; (more sample names) Kennedy Johnson, Porter Smith, Carson Davis, Anderson Cooper.  I've been thinking that it was just my imagination, that the frequency can't really be as high as I have been thinking.  But I've been working with lists of clients, and I started paying attention.  On each section of eight clients, roughly three had either two "first" names or two "last" names.  That's 37.5%.  Doesn't that seem a high percentage?  Whether it is or not, it is taxing my brain cells!

3.  Does anybody else hate those blue tinted headlights on cars as much as I do?

4.  
I just finished drinking my last Coke.

5.  My goal for this weekend is to get rid of all cardboard boxes from my house, break them down, and take them to recycle.  So many shipping boxes have just piled up...some with the delivered items still in them.  I will keep only the ones that I fill with donations to drop off within the next three days.

6.  I'm really tired of hearing about Covid 19 (Corona Virus); on the news, in company bulletins at work, in overheard conversations, even in my own head.  I thought twice before going to the store today, then once I decided to go and was parking the car, I actually saw a man walking from the store wearing a mask!  Last week they closed a mall in the nearby city to do a deep clean and disinfect after a recently cleared quarantined test subject was released, visited the mall, and then was called back into quarantine when a test result showed positive.  Oops!

7.  I finally downloaded an app so I could start listening to podcasts.

Now I'm off to start on my goal of getting rid of cardboard boxes!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to be able to shop at odd times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I try to go late in the evening, but I don't get to stay up late like I used to.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails