background

Monday, February 17, 2020

Making it Monday...

This was our dessert last evening at our Sunday family supper.  It's called a German-ChocoFlan.  A client brought some into work for us, and I begged for the recipe.  Here's where I have to apologize, because I cannot share her recipe with you.  The one she gave me is her own creation, and I didn't ask permission to share it.

But here is a link to a similar recipe and its video.  Both of the recipes (the one in the preceding link and my client's) are baked in a water bath.  That was a little nerve wracking with Rudy curiously running around my feet

And I would suggest baking it the day before you want to serve it, since you have to completely cool before turning it out of the pan; and you want to chill it and store in the refrigerator.

Now, the texture of mine turned out much differently than our client's.  Her choco layer was more of a cake texture, and both of my layers were more of a cheesecake texture.  I'm pretty sure I know what I misunderstood in the recipe that caused that.  But, hey, I love cheesecake, so I really like how it turned out.  I will try it again the way I think she intended, and then I may just have to try it again the exact way I did it this time.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of ChocoFlan. I love it, a chocolate cake with a flan layer on top. It is precarious with the bain-marie! I didn't know there was a German version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, sounds interesting to make too. Thanks for sharing and the links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to convince your client to let you share her recipe! :-D That looks and sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails