background

Friday, November 9, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 45...

Successes:
1.  I bit the bullet, and bought a new phone.  My old smart phone was all but unusable after a loooong life of service.  Replacement is a new smart phone (I don't know that I could go back to any other), but I don't do a ton of web surfing, and I don't watch a ton of videos either, so I went with a lower price model that had what I need, but not all the extras.  Spent $180 rather than $600+.  I researched certified rebuilds, but they were not noticeably less expensive than the one-time price I paid for a new phone with the new service provider.

2.  I am switching phone service providers.  I'm going with one that, from what I can gather, uses my old provider for their coverage base.  It also has no contracts and drastically lower costs.  I will be paying $40 monthly for unlimited calling/texting and more data than I regularly use...rather than the $125 I've been paying monthly for far too long for the same options.

3.  I have filled out 3 surveys this week for free 'Rt 44' soft drinks at Sonic.  I'm still not drinking Coke (over 2 months with no cravings!), but the unsweetened iced tea is also covered free and the extra, extra magic ice I request is free too.  There's no purchase required to get the free drinks, so I regularly go for a treat without even opening my wallet.

4.  Fuel prices are down.  We will be taking another mini vacation soon, so that will make it even more enjoyable.  :)

5.  I walked into the living room yesterday to find our sofa upside down in the middle of the room.  Carey left it so while he went to his shop for tools.  It seems that it had a minor break in a support.  He repaired it with tools and spare supplies for $0.  I do want new living room furniture eventually, but not at this very moment.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  Chili
Tuesday:  *dinner out
Wednesday:  late lunch, skipped supper
Thursday:  Chicken Pot Pie
Friday:  breakfast for supper

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails