1. Feeling SO very thankful. There was a bit of a crisis this week. Not my story to share, but there were tears and prayers and a safe and speedy (though it seemed like an eternity) resolution thanks to a very smart woman with a lot of love, a strong will, a cool head, and technical skill.
2. There are still long lines for gasoline. And the inconsiderate drivers! Idiots turning from straight-only lanes on red lights, people not pulling off of roadways to sit and wait in lines meaning that there is no possible way for through traffic to proceed. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
3. I only have ten books left to complete the 2017 reading challenge. It's feeling doable, though it is getting harder to find books that fit the categories that are left.
4. It is time to change the mantel decorations, but I haven't done it yet. The current mantel decor has been up so long I don't even see it anymore. It hasn't started to cool off at all here yet, so it seems too early for pumpkins. I'll have to give it some thought.
5. I haven't made a menu plan and shopping list yet either. I've been able to come up with meals from the pantry, but a menu plan would decrease the last-minute stress. Yesterday I found and made a new recipe for Baked Spaghetti, which got favorable reviews from the guys. It feels like I've been relying a lot on pasta, though, and should be enjoying the fresh summer produce while we still have it.
6. I have to get busy on my sewing machine! I have blocks that are overdue, and quilting at the library day is only days away. Also have quilt retreat coming up at the end of the month, and a week of 9 to 5 before that. Aaagh!
7. I think I need chocolate.