background

Friday, September 22, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 38...


Successes:
1.  Replaced the screen of broken Kindle 3 Keyboard myself.  Yippee-skippy!  Patting myself on the back and LOVING reading the repaired lightweight Kindle 3 so much more than the heavy Kindle Fire I've been using in the interim!

2.  I have been refraining from shopping, which seems to get easier with practice.  I did buy a used book on Amazon this week (shaved $6 off the price of buying a new copy).  It was a specialized book about a topic (which I will no doubt blog about at some point) that I felt was important to share with family.

3.  Preparing for the quilt retreat coming up.  I had to be in neighboring town today to pick a key for work on Monday, so I did go to Joann's while I was there and picked up some quilt batting using a 60% off coupon for one and a 40% off coupon for the other.  I bought a few small on-sale items for card making as well, then used an additional 20% off entire order coupon.  That took my total from $120 down to a much better $62.  Hobbies are expensive, but I try to keep my hobbies to ones that produce practical items.  :)

4.  Also filled up my gas tank while in same neighboring town at 10¢ per gallon less than it is being sold locally.  And I was nigh on empty, so I was happy to get a deal.

5.  And I drove the speed limit which saves on fuel economy and speeding tickets.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  Sunday supper at Kasey's
Monday:  Roast, potatoes, carrots, gravy
Tuesday:  *Young's sandwiches
Wednesday:  rotisserie chicken, buttered potatoes, broccoli
Thursday:  *pizza
Friday:  leftovers

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. I'm still impressed with your tech skills. I could just picture my Kindle's guts spread out all over a table and then quietly swept into the trash as I order a new one from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Don’t think that didn’t cross my mind during the process! ;)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails