1. Four (4) stay-home, no-spend days this week.
2. In the process of cleaning off and rearranging my kitchen counters, I found myself repeatedly moving a small, vintage Sunbeam mixing bowl, which served as our pocket change depository. I already had a trip to the bank on my list of errands, so I quit trying to find a home for the bowl and carried it to the car instead. Yes, it felt a little strange carrying a mixing bowl into the bank lobby, but it felt wonderful to dump it into the coin counter machine which is free for account holders. Final tally was $57.75. The OCD part of me loves the palindromic number. The aesthetic part of me loves the pin money (now in space saving paper vs coins) tucked into a drawer instead of cluttering the counter. (It's tucked into my drawer, by the way, because we had a bet about how much the change would total, and I was closer. 😉)
3. Had a medical bill to pay in the same building I had an appointment today. Paid the bill in person and saved a stamp.
4. We have dribs and drabs of several of this week's meals in the fridge. I proclaim tonight 'Leftover Extravaganza!'
5. Avoiding pulling your hair out is more frugal than a wig. Staying married is more frugal than divorce. Not harming your spouse is more frugal than hiring a defense team of lawyers. Do ya see where I'm going here? Sometimes my handy hubby is a bit too speedy at jumping into jobs around the house. He skips the step about consulting his partner, and his finished result is not even remotely close to what I needed or had in mind. Yesterday's result is irrevocable. Thankfully prayer is free!
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: meatloaf, twice baked potatoes
Wednesday: jambalaya casserole
Thursday: chicken burgers and coleslaw
Friday: Leftover Extravaganza!
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)