background

Friday, June 23, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 25...


Successes:
1.  Four (4) stay-home, no-spend days this week.

2.  In the process of cleaning off and rearranging my kitchen counters, I found myself repeatedly moving a small, vintage Sunbeam mixing bowl, which served as our pocket change depository.  I already had a trip to the bank on my list of errands, so I quit trying to find a home for the bowl and carried it to the car instead.  Yes, it felt a little strange carrying a mixing bowl into the bank lobby, but it felt wonderful to dump it into the coin counter machine which is free for account holders.  Final tally was $57.75.  The OCD part of me loves the palindromic number.  The aesthetic part of me loves the pin money (now in space saving paper vs coins) tucked into a drawer instead of cluttering the counter.  (It's tucked into my drawer, by the way, because we had a bet about how much the change would total, and I was closer.  😉)

3.  Had a medical bill to pay in the same building I had an appointment today.  Paid the bill in person and saved a stamp.

4.  We have dribs and drabs of several of this week's meals in the fridge.  I proclaim tonight 'Leftover Extravaganza!'

5.  Avoiding pulling your hair out is more frugal than a wig.  Staying married is more frugal than divorce.  Not harming your spouse is more frugal than hiring a defense team of lawyers.  Do ya see where I'm going here?  Sometimes my handy hubby is a bit too speedy at jumping into jobs around the house.  He skips the step about consulting his partner, and his finished result is not even remotely close to what I needed or had in mind.  Yesterday's result is irrevocable.  Thankfully prayer is free!


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  meatloaf, twice baked potatoes
Tuesday:  leftovers
Wednesday:  jambalaya casserole
Thursday:  chicken burgers and coleslaw
Friday:  Leftover Extravaganza!

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. We have a coin jar and need to turn it in, wish our bank had a change counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coinstar kiosks charge something like 12% fee if you select to receive cash, but there is no fee if you select to receive an egift card. I think it still works this way. I researched it before I realized our bank had a coin counting machine. I was planning on redeeming for Amazon egift card since I shop with them often. After the coins are counted, a slip prints out with a code to be used online or in store.

      Delete
    2. ps: Our bank’s (credit union) coin counter machine is free for account holders, but can be used by non account holders for a fee. I don’t remember what the fee was, but I don’t think it was as high as Coinstar, so maybe you could check other banks in your area? Good luck finding a solution. We used to bank where they wouldn’t take rolled coins, and if you wanted to bring in unrolled coins you had to have an appointment. Sometimes the simplest things have been made difficult.

      Delete
  2. Love the Leftover Extravaganza concept. We had that on Thursday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carey combines the weirdest things in my opinion. Kind of makes me cringe. LOL

      Delete
  3. I love leftovers! Now that there are just two of us, I often make a dish that serves four, then I have another meal "all ready" without having to cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know how to cook for two. We usually make meals for Carey to take to work, so it works out for now. I like some things left over, but not everything. Carey isn’t finicky in the least. :)

      Delete
  4. My bank has closed the coin counter so now we have to roll the coins to cash them in - apparently, the machine was making too many mistakes in counting and applying the money to the correct account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for crying out loud! They really do want to do away with currency, don’t they? Well, I know it didn’t go in the wrong account, because I had them give me the cash. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails